RSS Feed

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Coult It Be Due To Perception?

Some of you might be wondering why I am posting so many jokes all of a sudden. Well, I don't know about you but I feel deeply saddened by the many issues which have surfaced of late and efforts by some to sow seeds of divisiveness and discord. It makes me wonder how we regard one another in this nation we call our own.
 

This is a very important season to Muslims all over the world and I am trying to do my part to keep a lively and happy atmosphere in this space. It is not that I am trying to run away from the situation or problems at hand.

Rather, there are already so many sites which have posted articles lamenting or lambasting events, characters or issues. Having another one does not alleviate the frustration or negativism that surrounds us.

It is most disconcerting to see how perception and motivation can affect the way we regard others.

Perception is the act or faculty of apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding. This reaction can be an immediate or intuitive one based on moral, psychological or aesthetic qualities. Some could rely on their insight, intuition or discernment.

It is very easy to find fault with others. However, tact and sensitivity to other people's feelings are needed when we formulate our messages.

Believe me - it is easier to scold and to attack others than to craft a message that drives home the point without hurting the feeling of others.

Perhaps it is a question of objectives in communication. I guess we all have to examine our motives in communicating, including myself. The meaning of the message is not just in the words but is is dependent on the receiver who assigns   meanings to the words of that messages.

I truly appeal to all to think of this nation. We are living in the most challenging and disappointing times but we cannot be swept away by the currents of strife raging at the moment.

We have to keep a level head, exercise restraint, wisdom and take calculated moves to ensure that we can look forward to a bright future.

Thanks! Take care and have a pleasant day!

No comments:

Post a Comment